Momentum for change: research and advocacy reducing alcohol harm
7-9 October 2015, EICC Edinburgh
Travel & Accommodation
For our recommended selection of hotels please follow this link to the Convention Bureau
Waverly Station, is at the east end of Princes Street. Trains from Londons King's Cross Station takes between 4 and 5 hours and there are comprehensive train connections from most cities in the UK.
Lothian Buses cost £1.50 on any route, and any distance. You can find out more information about available routes using their Jorney Planner: http://lothianbuses.com/getting-around/journey-planner
To and from Edinbrugh International Airport (approx 12km from EICC)
There are two taxi options when you get to Edinburgh Airport.
- You can pre-book an Edinburgh City Private Hire car on 0131 555 5555.
- Or you can pick up a black cab at the rank on the ground floor of the multi-storey car park.
The Airlink 100 express is the fastest. The N22 night bus (£3) and The Lothian Bus number 35 (£1.50) runs into city centre but calls at local destinations en route, and continues to Leith.
Airlink 100 (Stance 19)
This express bus service runs from the airport to Waverley Bridge (near Princes Street and the main rail and bus stations).
Buy tickets at the airport information desk, at the bus stop, from the driver or in advance online
- Frequency: Every 10 minutes.
- Journey time: 30 minutes approximately (Waverley Bridge).
- Fare: Single £4.50, open return £7.50
Trams offer a frequent and reliable service linking the airport and the city centre.
- Frequency: approximately every 8-12 minutes
- Journey time: average journey time 35 minutes
- Fare: Adult single £5, adult return £8
Tickets can be purchased from the ticket machines at the tram halt.